20-30 minutes | Serves 2-3
This dish stars creamy organic baby cosmic potatoes and a mix of colorful chicories, grown by Flying Coyote farm in Sandy, OR.
In this dish, the potatoes are roasted until crispy on the outside, golden at the edges, and fluffy on the inside. They are accompanied by a radicchio & cabbage salad, tossed in a zingy creamy dressing. The savory crispy crunch of the potatoes is offset by the fresh, tart snap of the salad.
Potatoes are a delicious and highly versatile starch vegetable which can be easily stored and eaten during the winter months when other fresh green vegetables do not grow locally. Baby Cosmic Potatoes have a waxy texture and withhold their structure when exposed to high heat. Chicory is a classical radicchio variety which grows in the colder months. With bright white veins running through deep purple and pink leaves, they are colorful, crunchy, and have a distinct bitterness. When that bitterness is balanced with a sharp creamy dressing and a good pinch of salt, radicchio is delicious! The bitterness from radicchio also helps with digestion, making it a deeply nutritional salad green.
This dish pairs well with pork bratwurst sausages, and the potatoes can be topped with shredded parmesan cheese.
What you’ll receive:
- Organic Cilantro
- Quart of Par-Boiled Organic Potatoes
- Quart of Mixed Organic Chicories (Castelfranco, Chioggia, Lusia, Treviso)
- Creamy Dressing
- Organic Lemon
What you’ll need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roughly chop the cilantro including the stems, and set aside. Cut the potatoes in half, then half again to make large wedges.
- Spread the potato wedges out evenly on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the potatoes. Sprinkle them with 1/2 tsp salt & a few cracks of freshly ground pepper, and toss to coat.
- Bake the potatoes until the edges start to turn golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the salad mix & cilantro in a medium sized bowl and toss with the creamy dressing.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven once they are sufficiently golden brown. If using, sprinkle with parmesan and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Divide the salad between plates and plate potatoes alongside. Squeeze half the lemon over the top of everything. Add salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.