20-30 minutes | Serves 4-5
A hearty and warming grain bowl featuring nantes carrots, grown organically in Sandy, OR by Flying Coyote farm.
The deep, earthly sweetness of the roasted carrot is balanced with roasted red onions, a sharp mustardy vinaigrette, herby cilantro freshness, a nutty sunflower crunch, and bright pops of raisin sweetness.
This dish pairs well with chicken thighs, and can be topped with feta cheese for an additional hit of salt and rustic tanginess.
What you’ll receive:
- Organic Cilantro
- Golden Raisins
- Organic Large Diced Nantes Carrots
- Sliced Organic Red Onion
- Cooked Whole Grain Emmer Farro
- Sunflower Seeds
- Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
What you’ll need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pure Kosher Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red wine vinegar (optional)
- Stock (optional)
- Lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and adjust a rack to the upper third of your oven. Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil.
- Chop the cilantro, including the tender stems. Chop the golden raisins. If you have some red wine vinegar on hand, add 1/4 cup to a bowl with the raisins to rehydrate and add a kick of acidity.
- Spread the carrots & onions evenly on a baking sheet and coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and few grinds of pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until the carrots are soft and golden, and the onions begin to char, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the farro to a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water or stock and set over medium heat. Cover, and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through.
- Spread the sunflower seeds on a sheet pan and cook until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Combine the farro, chopped cilantro, roasted vegetables, and dijon vinaigrette dressing in a large bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the farro mixture between bowls, top with the sunflower seeds and golden raisins, and dig in. If using, add crumbled feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.