10-15 minutes | Serves 2-3
Caesar salad is a classic and this rendition is no exception. The Minnow’s unctuous and tangy Caesar dressing coats colorful bitter chicories from Flying Coyote and freshly pan fried croutons from Portland's very own Starter Bread. With lots of freshly cracked pepper, this one’s simple and so tasty you will keep going back for more.
What you’ll receive:
- Prepped and Washed Mixed Organic Chicories (Castelfranco, Chioggia, Lusia, Rosa, Verona)
- Diced Sourdough for Croutons
- The Minnow's Caesar dressing
What you’ll need:
- Add the prepped chicories to a medium salad bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss the diced sourdough into the pan and cook, flipping once, until they are toasted on both sides, ~3-5 minutes.
- Remove the croutons from the pan to a dry paper towel, and add a pinch (1/2 teaspoon) of salt over the top.
- Add most of the croutons and dressing to the bowl with the chicories and toss until everything is thoroughly coated. Optional: add zest from half of the lemon and 1/4 cup of parmesan here.
- Portion the salad onto plates and garnish with the rest of the croutons and a slice of lemon. Add a couple cracks of freshly ground black pepper over the top and enjoy!