10-15 minutes | Serves 2-3
This soup features leeks & thyme from Flying Coyote Farm! Leeks are alliums (think garlic, shallots, onions), but with a milder slightly sweet taste. They smell amazing and add a rich, buttery, slightly sweet flavor when cooked.
Winter is the time for comforting, deep earthy soups, and potato leek is one of our favorites. We've riffed on this classic to make it vegan, but it maintains an incredible depth of flavor and richness.
What you’ll receive:
- Quart of Potato Leek Soup
- Fresh Organic Thyme
What you’ll need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Add the soup to the saucepan and set over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- While the soup heats, de-stem thyme and roughly chop until you have 2 tablespoons.
- When the soup has begun to bubble and steam, remove from heat and portion into bowls.
- Garnish with drizzle of olive oil, thyme, cracks of pepper, and salt to taste. If using, top with pecorino romano or shredded parmesan.