10-15 minutes | Serves 2-3
This recipe uses the precious and oft discarded zest from Organic Cara Caras, our favorite winter citrus, to brighten up the earthy flavors of olives and rosemary, with a hint of spice from Aleppo red pepper flakes. Enjoy as a snack, with a slice of toasted sourdough, or pair with a grain bowl, salad, or meat & seafood kit.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen Keepers. Thanks Deb!
What you’ll receive:
- Pitted Castelvetrano Olives
- Prepped Spice Mix: Orange Zest, Aleppo Red Pepper Flakes, Diced Rosemary,
What you’ll need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flake Finishing Salt
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil. Preheat your oven to 350F°. Move a rack to the upper third of your oven.
- Arrange the pistachios on the pan and transfer to the oven to toast until fragrant, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- While the pistachios cool, drain the olives and roughly chop or crush them with a wooden spoon.
- Roughly chop the pistachios into small pieces and add to a medium bowl with the spice mix and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the olives and stir to coat, adding more olive oil & salt to taste.
- Enjoy solo, with toast or crackers, or alongside your meal!