15-20 minutes | Serves 2-3
Holly of Sibeiho whipped up her favorite marinades for this dish, a delicious sweet & spicy hot honey made with her Singaporean inspired OMG! Sambal. You'll have extra left over after this dish to try out on veggies, chicken, or tofu!
We are proud to partner with The Fish Princess to bring fresh, sashimi-grade Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon direct from the icy waters of Bristol Bay in Alaska to your dining room table.
What you’ll receive:
- 12 oz Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon (two 6 oz filets)
- Sibeiho OMG! Sambal Hot Honey
- Organic Lemon
NOTE: may arrive partially frozen to ensure freshness. Store in the refrigerator to defrost before cooking. To rapidly defrost, place the sealed package in a bowl of cold water, and leave it in the sink with the tap running into the bowl in a thin stream for about 30 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pure Kosher Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
Cooking time after thawing = ~5-8 min
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Adjust an oven rack to the lowest part of your oven.
- Wash and thinly slice the lemon into rounds or half rounds.
- Remove the salmon filets and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Mix up the hot honey then add 1 tablespoon to coat each of the filets. Add the lemon slices over the top. (If you have time, return to the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes)
- Place on the bottom shelf of your oven to roast.
- Remove when the salmon flakes when pierced with a fork and is opaque at the center, 5-8 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!